CSIR NET Unit 1: Molecules & Their Interactions relevant to Biology
Course Contents: It Contains all topics of Unit 1 dealt with Videos, Notes, PPt’s, Animations and much More …..
Starting your preparation and that too with Unit 1 gives Jitters to most of you !! We know your pain and thus we designed something not exhaustive but simpler to understand and easier to remember. Its a must e-Course for those starting CSIR NET for the first time.
Course Contents: It Contains all topics of Unit 12 dealt with Videos, Notes, PPt’s, Animations and much More …..
- Structure of atoms, molecules and chemical bonds.
- Composition, structure and function of biomolecules (carbohydrates, lipids,
proteins, nucleic acids and vitamins).
- Stablizing interactions (Van der Waals, electrostatic, hydrogen bonding, hydrophobic
- Principles of biophysical chemistry (pH, buffer, reaction kinetics, thermodynamics,
- Bioenergetics, glycolysis, oxidative phosphorylation, coupled reaction, group
transfer, biological energy transducers.
- Principles of catalysis, enzymes and enzyme kinetics, enzyme regulation, mechanism of
enzyme catalysis, isozymes
- Conformation of proteins (Ramachandran plot, secondary structure, domains, motif
- Conformation of nucleic acids (helix (A, B, Z), t-RNA, micro-RNA).
- Stability of proteins and nucleic acids.
- Metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids nucleotides and vitamins.